Pinspiration - Planning A Wedding

by - February 03, 2018


Yep, that's right, I'm planning my wedding! I'm definitely one of those girls who has dreamt about her wedding day since she was a little girl. Being a Disneyaholic and forever wishing I was a princess, I want my wedding to be as magical as possible. This doesn't necessarily mean spending a ton of money on the day, but rather making it personal and pouring as much love into the planning process as possible. 

I've been poring over Pinterest for several months now, saving pretty pictures and ideas to come up with the best day. First thing is first - the dress. This is something I am stuck on, with so many ideas running round in my head, I don't know how I'm ever going to decide on the final piece! I love draped sleeves, wispy materials, floral touches and even a bit of sparkle (if someone could make me a combination of all those, please?). For hair I 100% want a half up/half down style with some flowers and definitely curls (if they will stay in). 

I'm super lucky in that my mum used to be a florist, meaning I can be very picky on this front! I'm all about peonies, roses, greenery and super girly flowers. I'm still undecided, but I will be going down the dusky pink/lilac route for sure.


Decoration is another difficult thing to decide. Do you go bohemian, contemporary, traditional or themed? For me it's got to be pretty but equally minimal. Simple table centrepieces, fairy lights and lots of bunting.


CAKE, the most exciting part of a wedding, right? I love naked cakes covered in berries, icing sugar and flowers. They look delicious! Food-wise we are already sorted with a 3-course meal, but that doesn't stop me looking at all the delicious offerings on Pinterest!


My plan for stationary is to make my own, eek. I'm a creative person and love playing around with invitation designs, but this is a huge job. I'm also completely undecided on what I want exactly - I love minimal designs, floral designs, adventure designs and everything in between, so this will most likely be a last minute decision (I'm not good at 'last minute'). 


My lovely bridesmaids all know who they are now and since there are 4 of them I can live out my colour-scheme dreams of having two in lilac and two in pink. Dusky pastels are just gorgeous and I'm already checking the ASOS bridesmaid section daily!



You May Also Like

0 comments